QPS Evaluation Services Inc., is the largest Accredited Field Evaluation Agency in North America.
ABOUT THE POSITION: We are currently expanding our Field Evaluation services and are looking for a Junior and/or Senior Electrical Inspector, or an Engineer with Field Evaluation experience to join our growing team of technical experts in product evaluation. The candidate will be responsible for on-site inspection and evaluation. We employ only the finest engineering, technical and support staff with the highest level of expertise and the best customer service attitude.
WHERE YOU’RE NEEDED: This current position is for Toronto and the surrounding area. This position involves extensive local and possible international travel. Therefore, you must have a valid driver’s license and a valid passport.
ABOUT YOUR DUTIES: The Field Engineer/Inspector will be responsible for the following activities:
The successful candidate will be assigned to work with a Senior Inspector in the Field during the initial training period, after which they will perform on-site evaluation of a variety of electrical products to determine compliance with applicable safety standards and codes.
Experience with Hazardous Locations equipment and/or products would be an asset but not mandatory.
Experience with Electro-medical equipment and/or products would be an asset but not mandatory.
ABOUT YOUR SKILLSET:
- Must be either an Electrical Engineer with minimum 2 years of experience in Field Evaluation of electrical products/systems, or
- A Licensed Electrician, or
- Electrical Technologist with minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in inspection of installation sites and associated electrical equipment to applicable safety codes.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and computer skills.
- Proven ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to interact with clients in a positive manner and deal with situations that may involve conflict resolution.
- This job could be either a full time or contract position.
ABOUT THE REWARD: We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent health benefits program.
ABOUT OUR RECRUITING PROCESS: QPS supports the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Human Rights Code in our recruitment process. Upon request, any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in a format accessible to applicants with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, please advise our Human Resource Department if you require any disability-related accommodation. QPS provides a comprehensive training program and technical support for all Field Inspectors/Engineers. We employ only the finest engineering, technical and support staff with the highest level of expertise and the best customer service attitude.