QPS offers a variety of certification options, each of which is designed to meet the specific needs of the customer, and to facilitate getting the product to the market in the most timely and cost effective manner possible.
Limited Production Certification (LPC) is one such service provided by QPS, which is recognized as Type 1 form of certification service under the international ISO conformity assessment system, and is accepted by accreditation bodies.
LPC is essentially a “batch certification” designed to accommodate situations where a limited quantity of the product is manufactured, or a batch of the product is intended for distribution.
This service entails the following:
- The customer chooses one of QPS’s testing options.
- The product is tested and evaluated to the applicable standard(s).
- After verifying that all the units in the batch are identical to the tested sample and are in compliance, they are labeled on location (i.e. at factory or point of distribution) either by a QPS representative or by the customer, using the QPS serialized certification label shown below.
- The label is supplied by QPS.
- No “Initial Factory Inspection” and no “Factory Follow-Up Surveillance” are involved.