Lighting products include a wide variety, from table lamps to streetlights, from emergency lighting to electric signs. The lighting industry is developing rapidly and competition in the market is increasing. In addition, lighting has become an integral part of the design, contracting and construction of new buildings.
While old technology products such as incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lamps were commonly used in the past, they have been gradually replaced with more efficient, new technology products such as LED lamps. Other emerging sources include OLED and LEP.
- The changing technology has also been accompanied by changing safety requirements, which is more complex, and which all lighting products must comply with. The safe performance of lighting products is critical to both residential and commercial applications. And as regulations continue to change and evolve in North America and around the world, manufacturers must keep up-to-date on changing requirements and what standards apply.
Some of the major standards are:
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No 207 Portable and Stationary Electric Signs and Displays
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No 250 Luminaires
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No 250.13 Light Emitting Diode (LED) Equipment for Lighting Applications
- UL 48 Standard for Electric Signs
- UL 1598 Luminaires
- UL 8750 Standard for Light Emitting Diode (LED) Equipment for Use in Lighting Products
How Can QPS Help?
Our testing and certification services are designed to give you direct access to our technical experts who will assist you in identifying the applicable standards and in understanding the technical and regulatory requirements. They will oversee your project from start to finish, and will help you get your products into the target markets on time and on budget. Our test and certification capabilities include a wide variety of lighting products, including but not limited to:
- Luminaires of all types: indoor/outdoor, residential/commercial/industrial, recessed/surface-mounted
- Electric Signs
- Track lighting and Portable Luminaires
- Stage and studio luminaires
- Streetlights, Roadway and Area Lighting
- Marine lighting
- Emergency Lighting and Exit Signs
- Exit Sign Conversion and Retrofit Kits
- Seasonal and Holiday Decorative Products
- LED Retrofit Signs and Field Retrofit Kits
QPS will help you meet your needs with testing and certification services to national, regional, and international standards. If you wish to have control of your testing schedules by conducting testing at your own facilities, you may want to consider using one of our on-site testing programs such as Witness Testing and Supervised Manufacturer’s Testing.
No matter where you are located, QPS can assist you locally with customized services that meet your needs to get your product approved. In addition to our Technical Advisory Service, and our Field Evaluation Services, we offer testing and certification services for North America and the global market, using the IECEE/CB Scheme.
The QPS Certification Mark and Approval Labels
Regulatory Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) across the USA and Canada recognize and accept the QPS Mark and approval Label as evidence of compliance with the required North American safety standards and codes. The QPS Mark/Label demonstrates to your customers, distributors and AHJs that your equipment has been tested and certified.