If you manufacture products intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and marketed in the European Union (EU), you are required by law to demonstrate that your equipment complies with the ATEX Directive and the applicable Essential Health and Safety Requirements. QPS Europe B.V. is a fully independent accredited notified body providing conformity assessment services for Directive 2014/34/EU.
QPS Europe B.V.
Maurice Hoendervangers, Managing Director
With over 20 years experience in the Safety Certification area, Maurice managed Certification operations in Japan, Netherlands and Italy for several international operating Certification bodies.
Berg en Dalseweg 122
6522 BW, Nijmegen
P.O.Box 31126 6503 CC Nijmegen
Phone: +31 85 00 30 144
For information about:
- Evaluation Procedures and Rules
- Financial support and Fees
- Rights and Duties of applicants and clients
- Complaints and appeals
- Product Directory
- Request for Quotation form
Please contact email@example.com or call:+31 85 00 30 144
In many instances, EU-Type Examination certification by an ATEX Notified Body (NB) is required to demonstrate compliance.
Typically, the certification process consists of the following steps:
- Testing a sample of the product to the applicable EN standard
- Conducting an assessment of the manufacturer’s quality system
- Issuing a Type Test Report and Certificate
- Issuing a Quality Assessment Notification (QAN) related to the quality assurance system
You may use Unit Verification if you are shipping only one or a limited number of units to the EU. This service option involves examining the construction of the individual unit of equipment to verify it complies with ATEX specifications and the applicable EN harmonized standard, without being concerned about meeting quality assurance requirements.
How can QPS Europe B.V. Help?
As an accredited Notified Body QPS Europe B.V. we provide a full scope of ATEX certification options you can choose from, depending on your specific needs and capability, as follows:
- Testing/evaluation to the applicable requirements of the ATEX Directive and the applicable EN standards, and issuance of the required reports.
- Assessment of your quality system to the requirements of EN 80079-34, and issuance of the required Quality Assessment Notification (QAN).
- Issue EU Type Examination or Unit Verification Certificate, where applicable.