If you manufacture products intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and marketed in the European Union (EU), you are required by law to demonstrate that your equipment complies with the ATEX Directive and the applicable Essential Health and Safety Requirements. QPS Europe B.V. is a fully independent accredited notified body providing conformity assessment services for Directive 2014/34/EU.
QPS Europe B.V.
Based in The Netherlands since 2020, we facilitate manufacturers based in Europe in reaching QPS testing and certification services with the same time zone and currency.
Anthonie Fokkerstraat 10
3772 MR Barneveld
Phone: +31 85 00 30 144
QPS Europe B.V. ATEX Notified Body under Number 2876.
QPS Europe B.V. is accredited by the Dutch Counsel of Accreditation (RvA): Link.
In many instances, EU-Type Examination certification by an ATEX Notified Body (NB) is required to demonstrate compliance.
Typically, the certification process consists of the following steps:
- Testing a sample of the product to the applicable EN standard
- Conducting an assessment of the manufacturer’s quality system
- Issuing a Type Test Report and Certificate
- Issuing a Quality Assessment Notification (QAN) related to the quality assurance system
You may use Unit Verification if you are shipping only one or a limited number of units to the EU. This service option involves examining the construction of the individual unit of equipment to verify it complies with ATEX specifications and the applicable EN harmonized standard, without being concerned about meeting quality assurance requirements.
ATEX program information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +31 85 00 30 144 for the following items:
- Evaluation Procedures and Rules
- Financial support and Fees
- Rights and Duties of applicants and clients
- Complaints and appeals
- Product Directory
- Request for Quotation form