QPS Evaluation Services Inc. is a leading Canadian provider of third-party product approval services to a variety of customers and industries, locally and globally. We are also accredited as a NRTL (Nationally Recognized Testing Body) and a Third-Party Testing and Certification Body headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, where our main state of the art testing laboratory is located. We have engineering service centres in various locations across the USA, Canada, and Europe.
ABOUT THE POSITION: We are currently expanding our Certification and Testing Services and are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer/Technologist, to join our growing team of technical experts in product testing and evaluation to CSA, UL and International standards. QPS provides a comprehensive training program and technical support for all Engineers/Technologists.
WHERE YOU’RE NEEDED: This current position is for our Toronto location. This position also involves possible local and international travel. Therefore, you must have a valid driver’s license and a valid passport.
ABOUT YOUR DUTIES: The Certification Engineer / Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for the following activities:
- The successful candidate will be assigned to work with our team of qualified Certification and Testing staff.
- Experience with Hazardous Locations equipment and/or products would be an asset but not mandatory.
Experience with Electro-medical equipment and/or products would be an asset but not mandatory.
ABOUT YOUR SKILLSET:
- Must be either an Electrical Engineer, or
- Certified Electronic Technologist with minimum 3 years of hands on experience in Certification and/or Testing of electrical products.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and computer skills.
- Proven ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to interact with clients in a positive manner and deal with situations that may involve conflict resolution.
ABOUT THE REWARD: We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent health benefits program.
ABOUT OUR RECRUITING PROCESS: QPS supports the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Human Rights Code in our recruitment process. Upon request, any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in a format accessible to applicants with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, please advise our Human Resource Department if you require any disability-related accommodation. QPS provides a comprehensive training program and technical support for all Field Inspectors/Engineers. We employ only the finest engineering, technical and support staff with the highest level of expertise and the best customer service attitude.